Thursday, April 28, 2011

Greetings from the Happiest Place on Earth...

... and I'm not just being cheeky.  In a study a few years ago, Malta barely beat out Denmark and Switzerland to be crowned the happiest country in the world.  And I can see why.  I only arrived yesterday afternoon, but so far I'm in love with the tiny capital city of Valletta.  It's very quiet at night, which suits me fine right now.

I don't have internet at my guest house, so it will be difficult to write regular blog posts with photos, but I'll try.

I've made a great, lucky connection.  The curator of the National Museum of Fine Arts has agreed to give me a private meeting tomorrow afternoon.  He's the head of the art world here in Malta and has even published a book about Caravaggio on the island.  I'm sure he can put me on the track of some things I wouldn't have otherwise found.

No comments:

Post a Comment